Having an e-commerce site has become essential today, but it is still necessary to have a few leads to exploit it properly because we are not all SEO specialists.
Here are OUR tips to accompany YOU in this new way of thinking about business.
The home page of your site is the showcase of your store. It must be cared for in the same way. It must reflect the heart of your business and highlight the flagship product or offer of the moment. Without being overloaded, give it special attention:
- Simple graphics,
- A clearly identifiable logo,
- A short and effective slogan,
- A clear menu,
- A search engine,
- Quick access to the basket,
- Possibly a product carousel with links.
But nothing more, you have to want to push the door of your shop!
Your customers need to feel reassured, about the quality of your products, your services, the method of payment, etc.
- Begin by putting forward a way to contact you, whether to question you before their purchase decision or after their purchase,
- Clearly display your general terms and conditions of sale and delivery charges. Don’t wait for the last validation step to display this cost,
- Precise and clear pricing on each product sheet,
- A section to present your company. Beyond the humanization of this virtual relationship, it is reassuring to know that your company exists in the real world,
- Display the opinions of your customers who have already placed an order, and do not be afraid of possible negative opinions, just know how to respond to them in a constructive way. You will gain in seriousness and credibility.
Many product references should not be synonymous with a mess. Categorize, prioritize and structure.
- Organize the products in your menus as you would do in your store shelves (Men/Women/Children – Guitars/Basses/Flutes – Acrylics/Aquarels/Pastels). And play with the notions of sub-shelves to better distribute your products. Ideally make sure that the Internet user finds a product sheet in less than 4 clicks, at the risk of losing it,
- Propose menus with clear and relevant wording,
- Add the possibility to filter by size, price, color, brands …
- Present and promote promotions.
Your content in the broadest sense but also and above all each of your product sheets.
- Quality photos, clear, with a beautiful light (and a caption!), on a plain background or in situ. The possibility to zoom in is always very appreciated. No photos with your mobile phone on the corner of your desk. Your products and customers deserve better!
- Don’t count your words. Not only does the Internet user need a maximum of information (even more than face to face), but it also increases your chances of having an optimized natural referencing,
- Create links from one page to another. This is called internal meshing and, among other things, allows you to extend the user’s browsing experience. This way, he doesn’t have to go back to the previous page to access another product,
- Offer complementary products. It is also a way to create internal networking.
To optimize the purchasing process, you need to make it easier for your Internet users to buy.
- A clear and accessible basket,
- A structured order tunnel (basket, identification, delivery, payment, confirmation),
- The total price information is clear,
- Several modes of delivery,
- Several methods of payment.
6/ Bonus tips
- Don’t hesitate to renew the content of your site and your product sheets. Your site must be alive so that the Internet user does not have the impression of going around in circles,
- Communicate and relay your offers and events on social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest…). It is also a way to exchange with your community.